Thursday, July 14, 2011

Some of my Critters

Since Amanda has been posting some of her critters, I thought I would post some of mine.  I have more, just have to remember where they are in either the computer or on CD.  Yesterday I watched a wren start to build a nest in my asparagas fern, and by the time I got home, it was done and cozy looking.


Of course, this is Oliver.  He just had to settle in in a box ready for the dumpster in the yard.  Think he wanted me to feel sorry for him and hold him on my lap, but I was dressed for work waiting on the car pool to come.

After a good rain storm this past spring, a LOT of robins were in my yard just wallowing in the water.

As much as I cannot stand squirrels in my yard, they are cute as they can be. 

Another critter I do not like in my yard is noisy woodpeckers, although they are a very pretty bird.

Now I will have to catch up later on some fun times I have had in the past month or so.

2 comments:

  1. One year we had a woodpecker who would peck at our metal pole holding up the antenna. He woudl often wake us up Saturday morning. Apparently, that's a courtship thing, according to what someone told us. He was trying to attract females by making the really loud sound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the looks of a woodpecker, too but they are some noisy creatures. You would think they would have a headache. I'm so glad that's not the way we have to look for food.
    There's our sweet Oliver. He is some special cat - - - has had a lot of difficult adventures in his life. You could do a blog just on him.
    Looking forward to seeing you all in 2 weeks!!!!

    ReplyDelete