Wednesday, October 27, 2010

October 27, 2010

I am still having some issues trying to get back in the seasonal swing at home.  New house, a yard in need of more work than I am giving it, and the fact that the year is about over has just overwhelmed me.  Little by little, I am trying to find a new routine that works for me and covers all areas and still have some time for myself.  Ha Ha!

Did find some time to go to the "Big" Burke County Fair.  A fair about 1 acre of land is NOT a fair.  Was all rides and games.  What few exhibits they had were shoddy.  If one cannot produce quality crafts, take them to the Burke Co. fair and you WILL get a ribbon.  There are more ribbons than exhibits.  It was actually very sad!  Cobii and Carrie had fun.  Cobii rode all the kiddie rides of course, and she rode all the big rides with Carrie that she was tall enough to get on. 

My mother-in-law is due back to the sunny south tomorrow sometime.  I miss her while she is gone.  My kids and I got her place ready - food in the fridge, yard mowed, house vacuumed, etc.  I am sure she is anxious to see my new house, since she left before it was delivered.

This is my confederate rose.  White today and pink tomorrow!  Somehow they suvived being in a bucket all summer.  When they are done for the season, I will plant where they belong - not sure yet where that will be, but I WILL find a place.  Mary has had one in their front yard for a few years now, and it gets very many shoots and so tall, way over her and Rick's heads!



Guess that shall be the end of my blog for today. 

1 comment:

  1. I had never heard of that rose or seen it before. Pretty neat trick it does. It reminds me of one of the summer flowers over here that will either be pink or blue - - - depending on the PH of the soil.
    And when you find the secret to getting it all done and still finding time for yourself, you need to write a book because the solution will make you rich!

    ReplyDelete